Seventeen as One-Seven, 17 as 1-7: Miracle Number 1, 7, 17, 153 in Bible

Sonnet 7 riddles Marlowe's Tamburlaine the Great, saying that Marlowe the atheist lived in the rested seventh day. Similarly, sonnet 1's first line, "From fairest creatures we desire increase," follows Bible's first line, "In the beginning God created the heauen and the earth."
Procreation sonnets, 1 to 17, are called based on increase or creation.



Number 99

Sonnet 99's 15 lines is based on Bible, LUKE 15:2-5. Key words here are
"receives sinners" and "ninety and nine" (99).
This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
The extra one line in sonnet 99 is a sinner, easy for any one to find. The difficulty is to identify the six sinners: violet, lily, marjoram, blushing rose, white rose, and nor-red-nor-white rose. This solution combines the secret of 15-line with its content.

    THe forward violet thus did I chide, [1]
    Sweet theefe whence didst thou steale thy sweet that smels
    If not from my loues breath, the purple pride,
    Which on thy soft cheeke for complexion dwells?
    In my loues veines thou hast too grosely died,

    The Lillie I condemned for thy hand, [6]
    And buds of marierom had stolne thy haire,
    The Roses fearefully on thornes did stand,
    Our blushing shame, an other white dispaire:

    A third nor red, nor white, had stolne of both, [10]
    And to his robbry had annext thy breath,
    But for his theft in pride of all his growth
    A vengfull canker eate him vp to death.

    More flowers I noted, yet I none could see, [14]
    But sweet, or culler it had stolne from thee.

One-way anagram is used by Wilton House poets to seal names consistently. Like animals in Lamilia's Fable, the six flowers in sonnet 99 seal six names.

"Forward violet" can spell Edward de Vere, who is the Fox in Lamilia's Fable. This matches with what the Fox has done to the Ewe, or Edward de Vere to Mary Sidney. "Forward" means both his early participation in Shakespeare, and immodest stealing of Wilton's works later.


The three roses are more important than "forward violet" in analysis, for they represent three persons from one family, who hurt the addressee in different ways, and anagrams show their names in related places.



Number 666

Sonnet 66 seals characters in Shakespeare's plays. Line 6 seals demon.

    Tired with all these for restful death I cry,
    As to behold desert a beggar born,
    And needy Nothing trimmed in jollity,
    And purest faith unhappily forsworn,
   
    And gilded honor shamefully misplaced,
    And maiden virtue rudely strumpeted,
    And right perfection wrongfully disgraced,
    And strength by limping sway disabled,
   
    And art made tongue-tied by authority,
    And Folly (Doctor-like) controlling skill,
    And simple-Truth miscalled Simplicity,
    And captive-good attending Captain ill.
   
    Tired with all these, from these would I be gone,
    Save that to die, I leave my love alone.

[2] All's Well, that Ends Well -- Helena.
    beggar: Helena's low birth and her begging for love.
    desert: she is the deserving being deserted by her husband.
[3] The Taming of the Shrew -- Christopher Sly.
[4] Timon of Athens -- Timon, who unhappily ended his life.
[5] Coriolanus -- Caius Martius.
    He misplaced himself twice, soldier to politician, Roman to Volscian.
[6] Othello -- Desdemona
    Demon (in Desdemona) and Hell (in Othello)

    "And maiden virtue rudely strumpeted,"
      OTHELLO. Rude am I, in my speech, ... I won his Daughter.
      BRABANTIO. A Maiden, never bold:
      ...
      IAGO. So will I turn her virtue into pitch.
      ...
      OTHELLO. Are not you a Strumpet?
      DESDEMONA. No, as I am a Christian.

[7] King Lear -- Cordelia.
[8] Antony and Cleopatra -- Antony disabled by Cleopatra the limping sway.
[9] Julius Caesar -- Artisans (Carpenter and Cobbler).
[10] A Midsummer Night's Dream -- the six Craftsmen.
[11] Love's Labour's Lost -- Costard.
[12] Macbeth -- captive Banquo and ill Macbeth.
     Banquo is captivated by three witches. Duncan calls Macbeth
     Captain once. "Dismayed not this our Captains, Macbeth and Banquo?"
[14] my love: the author's love of writing (plays related to above).
     This follows sonnet 65's last line:
     "That in black ink my love may still shine bright."



Number 1 and 153

Creature has the definition of "one who owes his fortune and position to a patron; one who is actuated by the will of another, or is ready to do his bidding; an instrument or puppet" (OED 5, 1587).
Sonnet 1's creatures are poets who desire more works from their patron. Actually, all 154 sonnets are riddled. Shake-speares Sonnets considers itself Bible of the literature world. It ends at 154, one more than the wonder of Christ's resurrection:
an hundred and fifty and three ... This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead (JHN 21:11-14).
Sonnet 153 and 154 were made as one to reduce one from the total 154. After the miracle of 153 "great fishes," Jesus asked Simon Peter three times:
John 21:15 ... louest thou me more then these? ... Feede my lambes.
John 21:16 ... louest thou me? ... Feede my sheepe.
John 21:17 ... louest thou me? ... Feede my sheepe.
If one loves Jesus more than these, one can feed Jesus' lambs only.
If one loves Jesus without any comparison, one can feed Jesus' sheep.

Portia's shall-shall-must lottery borrows the form of lambs-sheep-sheep.

Many "love" words after the miracle of 153 hint at God and Love: "The little Loue-God lying once asleepe" (sonnet 154). The similarity of sonnet 153 and 154 reduces the count to 153.

Shake-speares Sonnets considers itself Bible of the literature world via sonnet 1, and a miracle via sonnet 153/154. Several places in Sonnets tell us how we can reduce one from 154.
Among a number one is reckoned none.
Then in the number let me pass untold,
Though in thy store's account I one must be, (Sonnet 136)
These lines have following meanings:
- among 154, one (of the 154) is not counted;
- index of sonnet one is missing;
- things are passed untold via numbers, like 154 to 153;
- store of 154 sonnets can be treated as one; ...


Number 7

Sonnet 7 riddles the life of a great man from the east. Possible answers are personified Sun, Moses, Tamburlaine . . . "Tamburlaine the Great" fits well the first 12 lines, the rising of
a shepherd (new), the conquering, and how he dies at the end (car).

Line 8's "golden pilgrimage" is a hint. Tamburlaine - golden pilgrimage = t b u. "But" follows immediately to support this one-way anagram.







    Lo in the Orient when the gracious light,
    Lifts up his burning head, each under eye
    Doth homage to his new appearing sight,
    Serving with looks his sacred majesty,
   
    And having climbed the steep up heavenly hill,
    Resembling strong youth in his middle age,
    Yet mortal looks adore his beauty still,
    Attending on his golden pilgrimage:
   
    But when from high-most pitch with weary car,
    Like feeble age he reeleth from the day,
    The eyes ('fore duteous) now converted are
    From his low tract and look an other way:
   
    So thou, thy self out-going in thy noon:
    Unlooked on die'st unless thou get a son.

"Orient" alludes to an atheist, and line 14's "son" a poet's creation. Sonnet 7's author says that one must have work of one's own name, or Christopher Marlowe tells himself here he needs that. This explains publications with his name after 1593.



Number 17

153 is the number of miracle. 153 stones can build a 17-layer pyramid. Shake-speares Sonnets utilizes this feature, but why 17?
"According to Leon Kass, 17 has some significant meaning (as yet not known exactly) in the book of Genesis." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17_%28number%29)
A simple explanation for 17 will be 1 and 7, day one to day seven as "God created the heaven and the earth." One and seven in Bible:
for whosoeuer eateth leauened bread from the first daie vntill the seuenth day, that person shalbe ... (EXO 12:15)
Also yee shall offer with the bread seuen lambes without blemish of one yeere olde, (LEV 23:18)
For loe, the stone that I haue layd before Iehoshua: vpon one stone shalbe seuen eyes. (ZEC 3:9)
To note things within 1 and 7, 17 will be the best, not 8.

Seventeen appears twice in Genesis:
In the sixe hundreth yeere of Noahs life in the second moneth, the seuetenth day of the moneth, in the same day were all the fountaines of the great deepe broken vp, and the windowes of heauen were opened, (GEN 7:11)
And in the seuenth moneth, in the seuenteenth day of the moneth, the Arke rested vpon the mountaines of Ararat. (GEN 8:4)
Seventeen stands for creation. Second month for this is the second (not the first) time God created the world, and it ended again in the seventh.



Number 40

Forty stands for tests of LORD, e.g. "wander in the wilderness forty years" or "in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan". Sonnet 40 is readable, actually more suitable, by taking the addressee as LORD.
Take all my loves, my love, yea take them all,
What hast thou then more than thou had'st before?
No love, my love, that thou may'st true love call,
All mine was thine, before thou had'st this more:

Then if for my love, thou my love receive'st,
I cannot blame thee, for my love thou use'st,
But yet be blamed, if thou this self deceive'st
By wilful taste of what thy self refuse'st.

I do forgive thy robbery gentle thief
Although thou steal thee all my poverty:
And yet love knows it is a greater grief
To bear love's wrong, than hate's known injury.

Lascivious grace, in whom all ill well shows,
Kill me with spights yet we must not be foes.
It's also readable by taking the addressee as a poet's patron, and "my love" as the poet's works, which are his loves. The patron, the "gentle" thief, steals the poet's works. (Gentle has the definition of well-born, good birth, noble.)



Number 133

"A torment thrice three-fold" seals number 133 as Kit, Christopher Marlowe
(K=1, C=3, M=3 in short code). Sonnet 133:
Beshrew that heart that makes my heart to groan [1]
For that deep wound it gives my friend and me;
Is't not enough to torture me alone,
But slave to slavery my sweetest friend must be.
        
Me from my self thy cruel eye hath taken, [5]
And my next self thou harder hast ingrossed,
Of him, my self, and thee I am forsaken,
A torment thrice three-fold thus to be crossed:
        
Prison my heart in thy steel bosom's ward, [8]
But then my friend's heart let my poor heart bale,
Whoe'er keeps me, let my heart be his guard,
Thou can'st not then use rigor in my Jail.
        
And yet thou wilt, for I being pent in thee, [13]
Perforce am thine and all that is in me.
[7] forsaken: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (MAT 27:46)
[8] thrice: "thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me" (LUK 22:34).
[8] torment, crossed: the crucifixion of Jesus.
    "Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men,
    and be crucified, and the third day rise again" (LUK 24:7).
[6] my next self: "rise again."
[8] thrice three-fold thus: this line spells Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment